Aggressive & Focused Representation
Prior to establishing Drexler Law, Teresa served as Partner and Managing Attorney for a family law firm in Colorado Springs. Teresa left the large law firm atmosphere in exchange for a client-centered legal practice where she can better focus on her clients' specific needs and goals without an emphasis on billable hours and high caseloads.
Teresa is a native of Phoenix, Arizona and relocated to Colorado Springs after law school. Teresa graduated from Western New England College School of Law where she earned a position on the Dean's List. Upon relocating to Colorado, Teresa founded Legal Consultants, a Colorado limited liability company, where she focused on Family Law and civil litigation. Prior to engaging in family law practice, Teresa served as a Deputy District Attorney for the 4th Judicial District in El Paso County, Colorado.
Teresa received esteemed recognition in 2018 as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star® honoree, which places Teresa in the exclusive company of family law specialists. Teresa has vast experience in both complex and straightforward family law cases and is certainly no stranger to the practice of criminal law as a former District Attorney where she honed her trial skills and presentation of evidence.
Teresa's dedication to family law was evident early on in law school where she formed the law school’s Family Law Association and advocated for the rights and responsibilities of parents. Teresa served as an intern with Child Protective Services where she played a founding role in establishing a program dedicated to assisting incarcerated parents to understand their legal rights, and responsibilities, as parents.
Teresa has handled countless complex and high-conflict domestic litigation issues including highly contested divorce proceedings, relocations matters, civil and criminal protection order hearings, and allocation and modification of parental responsibilities and child support. Teresa is aggressive but never one to infuse conflict just for conflict sake.
Teresa is also a guide and advocate in adoption proceedings that continue to serve as a rewarding experience for not only the client and the adopted child but also Teresa herself.
As a Partner at Drexler Law, Teresa is well equipped and motivated to handle domestic relations and criminal defense matters from intake to final resolution.
Teresa is fiercely loyal, dedicated to her clients, and comes to the firm with extensive negotiation, mediation, and trial experience. Her ability to adapt to the ever-changing needs of her clients is an asset in high demand in domestic relations practice.
Teresa’s life experience continues to shape her legal career. Teresa has been in the same shoes as many of our domestic relations clients so her advice is real, straightforward and always compassionate.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic & family law litigation
- Divorce proceedings
- Allocation and modification of parental responsibilities
- Relocation proceedings
- Modification of child support
- Adoption, guardianship, and probate matters
- Protection orders
- Probate, wills, trusts & estates
- Misdemeanor criminal charges
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Family Law Association
- Arizona State University
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar – Family Section
- Women’s Bar Association
- Ben Wendelken Inn of Court
Past Employment Positions
- Partner & Managing Attorney- Domestic Relations Division, GLG, PLLC, Colorado Springs, CO
- Senior Associate Attorney, GLG, PLLC, Colorado Springs, CO
- 4th Judicial District in El Paso County, Colorado, Deputy District Attorney
- Child Protective Services, Intern, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Student Attorney, Consumer Protection Clinic, Western New England College, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Habitat for Humanity
- El Paso County Family Law Day
- Pro Se Legal Clinic