Accomplished & Determined
Don not only brings a wealth of experience to the Drexler Law Group but also a 100% Commitment and dedication to every one of our client's. Don can be an aggressive advocate when needed but realizes that most cases need to be handled with a lighter approach through negotiation and hard work.
Background & Family
Don brings over 25 years of litigation and trial experience to the clients of the Drexler Law Group. In 1986, Don received his law degree from Vanderbilt University School of Law in Nashville, Tennessee and was promptly hired as an attorney in the Colorado Springs Public Defender's office. Don is licensed to practice in both State and Federal Court's of Colorado. After practicing for three years as a Deputy State Public Defender, Don joined a small civil litigation firm, Pelton and Pelton, doing primarily Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, and Criminal Defense and eventually becoming a partner at the firm. In 2003, Don started his firm, Don L. Spicer, P.C., handling both civil and criminal litigation with an emphasis on Juvenile criminal defense. In 2015, Don was chosen by his peers as one of only three lawyers in Colorado Springs as "Top Lawyers" in Juvenile Law. In 2018 Don was selected by the Colorado Juvenile Defender Center as Outstanding Juvenile Defender of the Year.
Don is a single father of twin daughters who values his parenting time but strives always to be available to his client's whether after work hours, on weekends or holidays. Most importantly, as a Family Law Attorney, Don personally understands the many difficulties our clients are going through during this emotional and stressful time of their lives.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Defense
- Domestic & Family Law Litigation
- Divorce Proceedings
- Custody, Allocation, and Modification of Parental Responsibilities
- Protection Orders; Restraining Orders
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with a minor in Economics.
- Magna Cum Laude.
- Vanderbilt School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Colorado Juvenile Defenders Center
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado.
- State of Colorado Office of the Public Defender
- Deputy State Public Defender 1987 to 1990
- Pelton, Pelton, and Schreiber
- Associate Attorney 1990 to 1991
- Partner - 1991 to 1993
- Schreiber and Spicer
- Don L. Spicer, P .C. - 1993 to Present
- Drexler Law Group - 2015 to Present
- Juvenile Law in Colorado: Detention Hearings In Delinquency Cases. September 13, 2001, Colorado Springs, CO.