Enthusiasm & Distinction
Brian Melton prides himself on his ability to provide thoughtful, zealous representation to clients in a variety of settings and practice areas. Brian has handled cases in criminal, civil, domestic, appellate, and administrative areas; and practiced in State, Federal, and Appellate courts. He has also had the unique opportunity to seek extraordinary relief from the Supreme Court of Oklahoma in a hotly contested guardianship case. Those experiences have instilled the precept that there is a unique solution for each case – or, perhaps more importantly, each client. Brian is dedicated to finding the path to a positive outcome that is specific to your situation.
In law school, Brian represented the University of Tulsa College of Law in the American Association of Justice Trial Skills Competition and the National Appellate Health Law Moot Court Competition. Those experiences, along with several other moot court contests, gave Brian a thirst for courtroom practice. Indeed, Brian’s favorite part of practicing law is the opportunity to argue in open court.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Relations
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- University of Tulsa, College of Law – Juris Doctor, 2014
- National Order of Barrister’s
- Student Bar Association – Speaker of the House
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science – Commerce & Business Administration, 2011
- Metrovich v. Coughran (In re K.L.C.), 2016 OK CIV APP 26, 371 P.3d 1163 (Okla. Civ. App. 2016).
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association